Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Apt

So, I am now living in, what i think is, a really nice house. This is a many steps above La Fontein :) I am renting a room in a five bedroom house. There are 4 other Muzungus (white people) staying here with me. There is a girl named Elizabeth who just graduated from Duke Law School and is working with an organization that deals with ICC (international cirminal court) legislation and implimetnation. Sarah is from Minnesota a free lance journalist who wants to write some stuff on maternal health for the NYTimes. A girl named Daisy, from Germany, is moving in tomorrow. A girl named Kate is moving in this weekend and is a doctor from England and seems really really cool. And finally, Janet is a PH D student in Political Science from Harvard who is doing her dissertation research. Yes, I am the only guy, but what I have realized is that most people that come to Africa and do NGO and other type of development work are mostly women. but, here are a few pictures of my house; there are no poeple in them, so they are pretty lame, but I thought my mom might want to see what type of place I am staying at.

It is actually really nice because we have a guard that stays all night every night and then a lady that cleans, does the dishes, and does the laundry, and I have my own room all for just under $250 per month, eat that provo BYU housing!


Here is our front room . . . I know, our TV is sadly small :)


And the kitchern . . .


And this is my bedroom; it is the second biggest in the house since I have been here the second longest. Then, once Janet leaves, I will get the master bedroom with my own bathroom and office area for that same $250 price!


And of course, no Muzungu house in Uganda is compelte without its subtle, African tribute to Obama :) this beauty hangs in our dining room.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha - Hope you are enjoying the work over that side Harris. I am glad to see you are representing the bafana bafana.

    ReplyDelete