Wednesday, August 5, 2009

La Fontein

I am currently living above a restaurant called La Fontein. There is a kind of flat (apartment) above the restaurant that has 4 bedrooms which are all separately rented out, and then everyone shares the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. Living at La Fontein is quite the experience. It is right next to a bar/club called Iguana which blazes music until about 5 am on the weekends (and yes, my window looks right into the club, but luckily I have curtains). Also, every Thursday night, they have this ridiculous lounge singer that performs. He sucks really bad and it always sounds like there is no one there: he will shout “I love you all!” and there is no response. Oh and this past Thursday he blessed everyone with his rendition of “Let’s talk about Sex”. It was gem!

Now the flat itself. The kitchen sink either does not turn on when you turn the water on or it will spit at you and spray water all over you. The toilet does not exactly flush every time, so sometimes there is a nice surprise in the toilet when you go to use it. Also, the shower is a room of its own, it has door just like any other room in the house except when you walk in there is a sink and a shower head. It is pretty awesome. And there are chickens running all over in the back yard and of course there is a rooster that crows every morning. I am not a fan of said rooster! It is especially weird when the crowing of the rooster gets into my dreams, and I think that it is the sound that that glowing orb in Sleeping Beauty makes when it is lulling her to the spinning wheel (thanks Grace (my niece) for watching that every day so that that could make its way into my dreams so that I thought the rooster crow was the orb from Sleeping Beauty).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, I didn't know that you had already left South Africa. I wanted to call you this week. I hope that you enjoyed your time with us. Have a terrific time in Uganda and hopefully we can chat soon. Love Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!!! I was laughing so hard when I read that part about the orb from Sleeping Beauty. Glad to see that you haven't forgotten us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Adam! I'm glad to see that you're doing well. I miss you and you need to let me know when you're back in the States because I could try to visit you, depending on where in this country I'll be at then. Hope you're having fun!
    Love ya,
    Cristina
    p.s. You should try to get that guy to sing his own cover of Fergie's "London Bridge" and then maybe you would like him more.

    ReplyDelete