Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kenya Part 4: Mombasa

Mombasa is a town in the Southwest of Kenya on the coast of the Indian Ocean. We spent two days there, and it was amazing! It was about 900 million degrees and I basically melted, but other than that it was pretty awesome! We went to a beach and the water was like a hot bath which was amazing but didn’t help to really cool you off :)


We visited old town, here is a pretty awesome picture of E and I walking through Old Town (at times Mombasa felt like I would imagine the middle east would feel like):

We also went to Fort Jesus which was built by the Portuguese in the 1600s. It was pretty much a typical old fort.


One evening we took a dinner boat ride around the harbor with an amazing sea food restaurant! It was quite possibly one of the coolest things I have ever done. It was a beautiful warm evening, we were on an amazing boat looking onto the city at night, a great local band was playing, there was an open kitchen in the middle of the boat, and we had AMAZING food! I had lobster and oysters for the first time which were both awesome (although I am a vegetarian, I eat fish). I can’t even describe how awesome it was, so here is a picture of us at dinner on the boat (since I didn't take any pictures, I am left with using the ones that Kate and Elizabeth posted on facebook, thanks guys!):

No comments:

Post a Comment